Sonic the Hedgehog has been cursed! Now, when he collects rings, his rings counter counts DOWN instead of up! And if he collects a ring when he has a counter of 0, it's lights out. Sonic 1 never seemed so... Intimidating. Features:
* Rings count backwards! If your counter dips below 0, you'll lose a life. Be careful where you step, because Green Hill Zone is not gonna be as forgiving as you may remember. Oh, and you start with 5 rings. Go crazy.
* Monitor changes and additions to help you stay sane:
- Shield monitor: In addition to protecting you from a hit, the shield now allows you to touch rings without affecting your counter at all.
- Invincibility monitor: Invincibility now grants you the temporary ability to collect rings as you normally would! Get as many as you can while you can so you can not give a damn about when you touch more rings later.
- Reset monitor: Collect this to reset your ring count and shield status back to how they were at the beginning of the level (read: 5 rings and no shield). Break this one wisely!
- Chaos Emerald monitor: Special Stages are horribly inefficient when rings kill you, so instead of that, find an Emerald monitor hidden in any Act 1-3, then make it to the end of the Act without dying to earn a Chaos Emerald! (Oh, and if you want to find that damn FOURTH Chaos Emerald, all you need to do is find the computer room!)
- Ring monitor: DON'T TOUCH IT! It will scatter ten rings around itself, which is bad news unless you're rocking invincibility.
* Boss Acts: To prevent potential frustration of surviving Act 3 and then dying in the boss, every Zone now has a fourth act where you fight Dr. Eggman. This act also features a maze of rings (bad) and a hidden/hard-to-get 1-Up (good).
* Modified Final Zone boss: Seems Eggman has caught on to Sonic's ring issues, because his death chamber now drops rings. Better beat the ever-living Reset monitors out of him.
* Different songs in each act, because wynaut. Plus, Speed Shoes music, because that's kool. (See credits below because I didn't port the songs .. Controls:
WASD – Movement – Mode – Start J -A Button K -B Button L -C Button U X Button I -Y Button O -Z Button
Tip:You can save your progress and return later by hovering over the emulator screen and use the icons to save your progress. Down arrow icon (save), Up arrow icon (load).